Quite a few of my followers know me in real life (IRL) but as this community grows, there are more and more who don’t. So I thought I’d share this #tbt
and some facts about me as an introduction!
1. I’m a Georgia girl with Haitian blood, hence the picture*. 💙🇭🇹❤️
*If you claim to be Haitian but don’t have a plant pic, you’re a fraud. Sorry friend, I don’t make the rules. 🤷🏾♀️
2. My name is Taina (pronounced ta-yee-nuh). My name originates from the Taíno Indians, who inhabited, amongst other places, the island of Hispaniola, known as Haiti and the Dominican Republic. My daddy was a history buff and named me; I love that my name ties me both to him and to my heritage.
3. I’m fun-sized (5’2), with a super-sized personality lol. Don’t @ me if you know me IRL...my driver’s license says 5’2 so that’s that on that. Pewiod.
4. I’m a higher ed administrator but it’s not what I went to school to do, exactly (let me know if you’d like to know more about my career journey). I’m actually a scientist and educator. I studied biology in undergrad and then behavioral science and health education in graduate school. I’ve always loved sharing knowledge and making important information easy to understand and apply. That is what my background allows me to bring to my current profession.
5. I love writing; it helps me to process my feelings and document my experiences. Blogging is really my jam b/c I’m processing and documenting my experience while sharing important insights about motherhood and wellness 💕.
6. I’m a first time mom to the cutest 8 month old boy, Theodore. My husband, Paul, and I have been married for almost 3 years and Theo has been the perfect addition to our little family 🥰. 7. I knew I was gonna marry my husband less than 30 minutes into our first date lol! He says it was the same for him (better had 😝). Let me know if you want to hear more about our story!
So that’s the basics! If you’d like to know more about me, lemme know! Do we have anything in common? Anything you learn surprise you?? Shaaare 🤗!